The protesting wrestlers on Wednesday agreed to droop their protest for every week after the federal government requested them to wait till police full its probe into sexual harassment allegations towards WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh by June 15.
The wrestlers, after an almost five-hour assembly with Sports Minister Anurag Thakur, mentioned the federal government has additionally assured them that the police will withdraw the FIRs filed towards them.
The wrestlers had been booked for violation of legislation and order on May 28 after they marched in direction of the brand new Parliament constructing with out permission to maintain ‘Mahila Samman Mahapachayat’.
The assembly was attended by Olympic medallists Bajrang Punia, Sakshi Malik, her husband Satyawart Kadiyan, and Jitender Kinha.
Double world medallist Vinesh Phogat, a distinguished face of the protest towards WFI chief, skipped the meet.
“We were told that police investigation will be complete by June 15. Till then, we have been asked to wait and suspend the protest,” Sakshi Malik instructed reporters after the assembly.
“The Delhi police will also withdraw the FIRs filed against the wrestlers lodged on May 28,” she added.
Both Malik and Punia asserted that their agitation was not but over and so they have suspended their protest solely till June 15 as requested by the federal government.
Later addressing a press convention, Thakur mentioned the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) elections be held by June 30.
The essential assembly was known as by Thakur to break the impasse.
READ | ‘Pulled t-shirt, put hand on chest’: Here’s what wrestlers FIR towards Brij Bhushan says



