7 ladies complainants get safety from Delhi Police after Supreme Court order

0
136



Following orders from the Supreme Court, the Delhi Police has given safety to seven complainants who’ve accused Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh of sexual harassment. The transfer happens two days following the WFI chief, a Kaiserganj-based BJP MP, was the goal of two FIRs.

Yogeshwar Dutt, an Olympic medalist and wrestler who served on the inquiry panel that seemed into claims of sexual harassment in opposition to wrestlers, stated that now that Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh has been charged with against the law, wrestlers ought to think about their sport.

He additional stated, “Police won’t do anything until you approach them about it. If one stays at home, they won’t do it. The time to do it should have been three months ago for wrestlers. I had previously advised them to submit it to the police if they wanted action.”

Top Indian wrestlers together with Vinesh Phogat, Bajrang Punia, and Sakshi Malik have accused Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh of sexual harassment and said that they will not give up the demonstration space at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar till the WFI president is taken into custody.

READ | Char Dham Yatra 2023: Kedarnath roads blocked resulting from heavy snowfall, pilgrims stopped in Srinagar

Politicians who prolonged their assist to protesting wrestlers

Political events have continued to assist the wrestlers’ demonstration at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar. Robert Vadra, the husband of Congresswoman Priyanka Gandhi, additionally arrived to the Jantar Mantar to indicate solidarity for the wrestlers who had been protesting. Priyanka Gandhi spoke with the grapplers yesterday and urged them to take motion concerning the WFI chief.

Arvind Kejriwal, the chief minister of Delhi, spoke out in favour of the wrestlers on Saturday and advocated for the hanging of harassers of ladies.

 Brij Bhushan on sexual harassment allegations

After first refuting the claims of sexual harassment, Brij Bhushan Singh has now said that he’s not a prison and wouldn’t resign. The WFI chief said, “This topic is earlier than the Supreme Court. I’ll welcome their verdict. I respect the supreme courtroom’s ruling. The police investigation and the Supreme Court have my complete belief. Wherever wanted within the investigation, I’ll cooperate.”

(With inputs from ANI)