Turn on the sun, light up a life by organ donation

0
16

Kings held a unique position in ancient Egyptian society, they were somewhere between human and divine.

Thus they believed that when the king died, part of his spirit (known as “ka”) remained with his body. To properly care for his spirit, the corpse was mummified, and everything the king would need in the afterlife was buried with him, including gold vessels, food, furniture and other offerings. Their riches would provide not only for him but also for the relatives, officials and priests who were buried near him.

The pyramid’s smooth, angled sides symbolized the rays of the sun and were designed to help the king’s soul ascend to heaven and join the gods, particularly the sun god Ra.

Likewise, do you plan to bury or burn your favourite car, washing machine and all your possessions so that you can use it after your death? If you are planning to build a mausoleum for all your favourite things you are free to try it out and see if you can use it in your afterlife, including all the wealth you have acquired.

I want to remind you of what I mentioned in my last post

“Devi Parvati sculpted a son to guard the door of her palace. When Lord Shiva tried to enter he drove him back and all the Gods. While Ganesha was involved in a duel with Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva moved slowly from behind and cut Ganesha’s head with his trident. Lord Shiva agreed to bring back Ganesha to life and grant him divinity. Lord Shiva did the first mytho-historic transplant surgery and Ganesha was brought back to life.

After the transplant surgery, Lord Shiva is believed to have given Ganesha an elixir to drink. One cannot help speculating if this was some potion containing an anti-rejection medication.”

Also, how Prometheus unflinchingly bore the cruelties and the tortures inflicted by a bird of prey eternally for gifting fire to better the lives of mankind.

In every field of life, you enjoy the results of your work or suffer the results and you cannot escape it. This is your karma. You suffer or enjoy the results of your activities from time immemorial, but you can change the results of your karma and this change depends on the way you react. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

 A hug is like a boomerang, it comes back to you because if you hug someone you get hugged too. So instead of burying or burning hearts, lungs, kidneys, livers and all other organs why not pledge to donate them. 

Donate your eyes and help a soul to sense the beauty of nature. How little birds twitter on green leafy branches, the warm rays of sunshine light up the cloudless sky.

Don’t say tut!tut!tut! Because lots of people need a healthy organ, today is Friendship Day and tomorrow is Rakhi, an auspicious day so why not gift a brand-new life to some struggling spirit? Your payback will be refunded.

Remember the liver is the only organ which you can donate while you are alive and kicking and even if 70% of your liver is 70% of it is removed and can grow back to normal size within a few weeks provided the remaining 30 %is healthy. Thus, a living person can donate a liver out of affection and go back to normal life in a matter of days. This transplant is safe and possible due to this uniqueness.

This is also why half livers transplanted into recipients are very successful since they soon grow to normal size.

Our scriptures say

  • Do your duty, but do not concern yourself with the results.
  • The fruits of your actions are not for your enjoyment.
  • Even while working, give up the pride of doership.
  • Do not be attached to inaction.

The gift of life is the most wonderful thing on Earth. Light up the candle, the dia, and make someone’s life joyful and livable. No deed is greater than this. 

“Turn on the sun, turn on the sun
Open the doors, come tell everyone
Bad times are out, good times are in
Turn on the sun, let’s smile again.”

DISCLAIMER : Views expressed above are the author’s own.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here