While flip phones have all but entirely disappeared from the market, Samsung is seeking to rekindle the love affair by introducing another smart flip phone. Featuring dual screens and an imposing specs list, this high-end phone is set to launch in China for 18999 Yuan, or about $2732 USD. The device in question is the W2019, a follow-up to last year’s W2018. Let’s look at what it’s packing:
- Dual 4.2-inch 1920×1080 S-AMOLED displays (one internal, one external)
- 2.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 845 processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage plus microSD
- 12-megapixel (f/1.5-f/2.4) + 12-megapixel (f/2.4) dual rear cameras with OIS, 2x optical zoom, and FHD slow motion recording (960 fps)
- 3070mAh battery
- Dual SIM card slots (one slot doubles as a hybrid microSD card slot)
- Bixby button
It’s worth noting that the W2019 does not feature a 3.5mm headphone jack, instead offering only a USB-C port. Samsung is also including extra support for software fixes, phone disinfection, and an exclusive support hotline for W2019 owners.
The Samsung W2019 will launch on China Unicom for 18999 Yuan ($2732 USD). Pre-orders will open on November 11.
What are your thoughts on Samsung’s latest flip phone? Does it fill a need in the niche luxury market?
Source : https://androidandme.com/2018/11/news/samsung-introduces-dual-screen-flip-phone/