UN chief condemns Israeli strike in Rafah

Date:



At least 45 individuals had been killed and 200 others had been injured after the Israeli strike hit a camp for displaced individuals, CNN reported

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned the Israeli strike in Rafah, saying that the assault “killed scores of innocent civilians who were only seeking shelter from this deadly conflict.” He said that “horror must stop” and added that there isn’t any secure place in Gaza.

In a submit on X, Guterres said, “I condemn Israel’s actions which killed scores of innocent civilians who were only seeking shelter from this deadly conflict. There is no safe place in Gaza. This horror must stop.”

At least 45 individuals had been killed and 200 others had been injured after the Israeli strike hit a camp for displaced individuals, CNN reported, in accordance with the federal government media workplace in Gaza.

Shortly after the assault, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) introduced that two senior Hamas officers had been killed after concentrating on a Hamas compound. The Israeli assault adopted Hamas’ first rocket assault on the Israeli metropolis of Tel Aviv in months.

The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Volker Turk, voiced his horror on the additional lack of civilian lives in Gaza. He said that Israel’s strikes on Sunday demonstrates there may be actually no secure place.

In a information launch on Monday, he mentioned, “The images from the camp are horrific and point to no apparent change in the methods and means of warfare used by Israel that have already led to so many civilian deaths.”

“Sunday’s strike underscores once again that there is literally no safe place in Gaza,” he added.

Turk mentioned, “I note that the IDF has announced a review, but what is shockingly clear is that by striking such an area, densely packed with civilians, this was an entirely predictable outcome. It is crucial that such reviews lead to accountability and changes in policy and practices.”

Volker Turk reiterated his name on all events to the battle to place in place a ceasefire, in accordance with the assertion launched by UN. He mentioned, “Israel must take immediate steps to protect civilians, and ensure they have access to essential humanitarian assistance, and release all those detained arbitrarily.”

The UN High Commissioner referred to as on Hamas terrorists to unconditionally launch all hostages directly. He said that Hamas should cease the firing of rockets, that are inherently indiscriminate, in clear violation of worldwide humanitarian regulation.

Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday referred to as the nation’s strike on a displacement camp in Rafah a “tragic mistake.” He mentioned that Israel is finishing up investigation into the incident, CNN reported.

In his deal with on the Israeli Knesset on Monday, Netanyahu mentioned, “Despite our best effort, not to harm those not involved, unfortunately a tragic mistake happened last night. We are investigating the case.”

At least 45 individuals had been killed and 200 others had been injured after the Israeli strike hit a camp for displaced individuals, CNN reported, citing the federal government media workplace in Gaza. The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) introduced that two senior Hamas officers had been killed after concentrating on a Hamas compound.

In a press release, the IDF mentioned the strike had killed Yassin Rabia, who managed the Hamas terrorist exercise in Judea and Samari and transferred funds to terrorist targets. According to IDF, Rabia was additionally behind quite a few assaults in which IDF troopers had been killed.

Furthermore, Khaled Najjar, one other senior member of Hamas, directed taking pictures assaults and terrorist actions in Judea and Samaria, in accordance with the IDF.

In a submit on X, IDF said, “Eliminated in the precise airstrike in northwest Rafah: Hamas Chief of Staff in Judea and Samaria and an additional senior Hamas official. Terrorist #1: Yassin Rabia Rabia managed the entirety of Hamas’ terrorist activity in Judea and Samaria, transferred funds to terrorist targets and planned Hamas terrorist attacks throughout Judea and Samaria. He also carried out numerous attacks, in which IDF soldiers were killed.”

“Terrorist #2: Khaled Najjar. Najjar, a senior official in Hamas’ Judea and Samaria Headquarters, directed shooting attacks and other terrorist activities in Judea and Samaria and transferred funds intended for Hamas’ terrorist activities in Gaza. He also carried out several deadly terrorist attacks in which IDF soldiers were killed,” it added.

Videos posted on social media confirmed a big fireplace on the scene, with paramedics and firefighters working to handle the aftermath. The space that had been focused included a big container used as a shelter for dozens of households, surrounded by tons of of tents.

Gaza’s authorities workplace mentioned, “The Israeli occupation army had designated these areas as safe zones, calling on citizens and displaced persons to head to these safe areas,” including that when displaced individuals sought refuge, they got here beneath assault, in accordance with a CNN report.

Earlier, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) confirmed the strike and mentioned that it struck a “Hamas compound in Rafah in which significant Hamas terrorists were operating a short while ago.”

The IDF mentioned that it was conscious of studies indicating that a number of civilians had been harmed because of the strike and fireplace that was ignited and added that the incident is beneath evaluation.

In a submit on X, IDF said, “An IDF aircraft struck a Hamas compound in Rafah in which significant Hamas terrorists were operating a short while ago. The strike was carried out against legitimate targets under international law, through the use of precise munitions and on the basis of precise intelligence that indicated Hamas’ use of the area. The IDF is aware of reports indicating that as a result of the strike and fire that was ignited several civilians in the area were harmed. The incident is under review.”

The airstrike was reported after sirens sounded in Tel Aviv and elements of central Israel on Sunday after rockets had been fired on the metropolis, in accordance with the Israeli well being ministry, CNN reported. It marked the primary time rockets had been fired on town since final January.

The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) mentioned that eight pockets had been fired from the Rafah space of southern Gaza and had crossed into Israel. The IDF said {that a} “number of projectiles” had been intercepted.

According to CNN, Hamas has claimed duty for the assault. Hamas mentioned it had focused Tel Aviv with a “large missile barrage” in response to Israel’s “massacres against civilians.”

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by DNA employees and is revealed from ANI)

 

 


Nilesh Desai
Nilesh Desaihttps://www.TheNileshDesai.com
The Hindu Patrika is founded in 2016 by Mr. Nilesh Desai. This website is providing news and information mainly related to Hinduism. We appreciate if you send News, information or suggestion.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Nvidia sheds $200bn in value

Nvidia's run because the world's largest...

Predicted playing XIs, live streaming particulars, weather and pitch report

Check out the live streaming particulars for match...

Philippines “Galwan” Moment as China escalates tensions in South China Sea

On June 19, the Chinese forces obstructed Philippine...